Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quickie No.1

This is my first quickie. The assignment is "Make a quickie hat alters a body or body part to become 'ideal' or to become non-ideal." For this I decided to make my body more curvy using a corset. Society's ideals have always leaned towards the unrealistic with enormous boobs and hips and virtually no waist. This immediately made me think about Victorian corsets and the artificial silhouette. To emulate this look the best. I first cut out two foam circles and taped them to my chest. This emphasized the impossibly large chest that females are supposed to have. At this same time I put a black trash bag around the lower part of my torso so that my clothes would not get damaged and then I used black electrical tape to make a tight fitting corset.




No comments:

Post a Comment